Restricted and Open Gauging Tapes provide a convenient and accurate means for measuring ullage, product temperature and the oil-water interface. The units are configured to operate in the trimode, bimode, interface or temperature mode. Each instrument is designed to maximize ease of use. A single penetration of each tank can provide comprehensive data about internal tank conditions. When the electronic probe senses hydrocarbon, a steady tone is heard; when sensing water, it emits an intermittent tone. Temperature is shown on an LED display in the hub of the instrument.
- of Tape: +/- 1/8″ (+/- 3mm), +/- 0.01% of F.S. tape LGT (F.S. = Full Scale).
- of Temperature Display: +/- 0.5° F (+/- 0.2° C) +/- 1 digit error.
- of Calibration Range: 32° F (0° C) to 176° F (88° C).
- of Probe: For dryness to within 3/8 inch (10mm) of bottom.
Ambient Temperature Limits
- LCD: same as above.
- Sensor: same as above.
- Open gauging (“O” type) (Safe product vapors only).
- Restricted gauging (“R” type) via MMC vapor-control valve.
Battery: 9-Volt Duracell MN1604.
Operation: U-Ullage, I-Interface (oil/water), T-Temperature.